Friday, December 04, 2009

Weather activities

Today we did some of the weather experiements from the MET office kids page.
I'm not too impressed with their suggestions, anyway....
Above we tried the cloud in a glass experiment. It did work, but the flash ruined the photo!

We made our own puddles of water and drew round them. Then we gathered evidence to suggest that puddles diminish in size because cats drink them.
It goes into the air through evaporation I say,
No, no Mummy, Nala is drinking it.....


Finally, the windmill. Put a small bead on the paper fastener between the paper and the card they suggest. What kind of bead is big enough to have a fastener threaded through it , but small enough not to take up most of the length of the fastener? No wonder we are not shown a finished example on the website. Still it looks nice, even if it doesn't turn that well.



As for the weather fronts idea. Sounds great, but as I don't have an empty large aquarium tank lying around somewhere I guess I'll have to put that on hold.
Any alternative suggestions, anyone?



No comments: