Thursday, December 03, 2009

Little one maths

Yes, we are "on holiday", but I thought I'd give U a little attention by herself today and do some of the practical maths she doesn't feel like doing on our busy days.
This is what we did:
arranging in order and matching number cards
identifying plastic shapes by handling them whilst blindfolded
identifying the colour of a rod by handling it whilst blindfolded
arranging rods in size order
counting forward and back
finding a number less or greater than a given number, or between two given numbers

2 comments:

UmmSuhayb said...

how does she get the colour of a rod whilst blindfolded, is that by remembering the colour according to the size of the rod? mashAllah I hadn't thought of doing the tactile approach with a blindfold.

ummrashid said...

I showed her two or three rods, then put the blindfold on, gave her one of the rods and asked her to identify which it was.