Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Limitless toys

Oh no! Not more toys! Well, I'm just being silly with the title, but if children make their own toys they can have lots more!
This afternoon the girls set up an art workshop for their soft toys. The toys gathered around tables made of books and and made calendars out of papers.
Later on the girls made doctors' bags filled with equipment. The bags were old cardboard boxes, with coloured paper handles, and the equipment was just cut out drawings. Still lots of fun though, maashAllah.

2 comments:

Umm Raiyaan said...

Lol! My R also does this mashaAllah. She makes food, nappies for her doll. I think she has more fun with the stuff she makes!

LittleBakr said...

I love the idea of "imagination over consumption." I'd much rather my children have less toys if it means that they will be using their minds and actively engaging with one another.

Great little post. Thanks for sharing.