I've always been fascinated by learning about people around the world.
This morning I came across some great links on Imaan's blog, Making Memories. The links are to videos showing Muslims from diffeent parts of the world preparing for Hajj. The boys and I watched the first part of the China video, which was very interesting, maashAllah. Hoping to get to look through the rest later this week, inshAllah.
Finding that also reminds me to post about some great little Islamic books from Goodword.
The Islamic Village series
These are lovely books full of interesting details about life in different parts of the Muslim world. You can read them aloud to younger children and older ones (from about 8) can read them themselves, inshAllah. What a simple way to include some geography in your family learning, maashAllah.
Best of all in the bookshop I bought my copies from they are sold for 75p!!! Almost nothing is ever sold for as little as 75p!!!!
1 comment:
As salaam alaikum,
We watched the videos as well, masha Allah. We watched the Chinese and the Japanese episodes. Very interesting!
Post a Comment