Sometimes I think I sit so close up to our home education that I can't see the whole of it properly. It gets distorted and I have to remind myself of where we were, where we are now and basically understand the bigger picture.
At the beginning of autumn I was thinking of ways to get U learning the alphabet. I was gathering different approaches and trying to keep things interesting. U was not in a habit of organised learning at that time, and I knew I had to work on establishing new habits and routines with her. (Only very mild and light all the same!)
Now, about three months later, I can see that she has learnt a lot, alhamdulillah, and is now comfortable working on identifying the initial, medial and final sounds in CVC words, and can choose correct initial and final letters in longer words too. During these three months there have been times when she hasn't wanted to bother, and times when she insisted on doing things her own way. On a daily snapshot basis there have been times when I could have got quite stressed, but looking at an overview now, alhamdulillah, things have progressed just fine. I think it is important to keep that in mind, whenever new challenges emerge.
Seems like I've been doing a lot of thinking and evaluating this week! I think it must be because of the break in activities and the snow keeping us home more!
3 comments:
Salaam Alaikum,
Home schooling is very rewarding and also challenging. MashaAllah you are finding a way to keep it creative, interesting yet educational! Most parents look foward to their children going to school so they can dump them into the hands of teachers to discipline and teach them. Keep up the good work!
Walaykumsalaam,
Thanks for commenting.
Evaluation and re-assessment is always a plus. I think the fact that you are seeing progress makes all the new challenges a lot easier ma'shaAllah!
Post a Comment