We had a busy weekend, alhamdulillah. The boys were out a lot, doing sporty stuff. U was still home and chickenspotty, but she helped me clean and bake for my sister's visit with her children. My sister bought Space Hopper toys for the girls, which have been a big hit. I have said these things will have to go into the garden in the summer, but for now they are bouncing round the downstairs, then taking the hoppers to their bedroom at night. I did take photos but I'm having another of those technical breakdowns where I can't get the pictures to come out onto the computer.
I did lots and lots of home ed thinking! Had a few discussions about copywork and dictation before realising that I do do copywork with Ia, I just don't call it that! As for dictation, I don't give the boys any passages to study, but I do actually give them dication work here and there amongst the daily stuff. Again, I just don't call it that! I might give the passage thing a try though, inshAllah.
I really need to check through my resources again and make sure that I'm using everything I want to for the different levels. Try to set out a bit what I would like to complete before the summer, inshAllah.
U is more and more keen to have her own task list, alhamdulillah. She has even taken to scribbling extra squiggles beneath her name, to indicate the subjects she wants to cover. Today I started using the "Idea Book for Cuisenaire Rods at the Primary Level" by Patricia S. Davidson. (Again pics stuck in memory card). I wouldn't exactly recommend this book, as many of the ideas are really pretty obvious, but they are enjoyable ideas for the child, so I'll use them again. With the boys and Ia I really started with the book too late, when it was already too easy. This time with U I hope to target it more accurately.
The boys started some project work on the "Wind in The Willows" play today, in the form of a plot summary and review. Ia is due to begin her Arctic project, so I've been searching out online ideas. Just put "Arctic lapbook" in the Google box, and lots comes up. It is all you need to get a project going, an interesting library book and a quick google search.
2 comments:
Assalamu alaykum sister, looks like you have been a busy bee! Mash'Allah! Love the way you search into your home edu work and make sure you have all your resources. Well done! I was wondering is the copywork you are talking about, it's like the child copying from a book, article etc. because my eldest is into all this copy thing. His spelling improved a lot and also the vocabolary. We do lot of dictation here too. I think is very important to get the kids to write as much as possible. Mash'Allah. Jazakillah for sharing. wa alaykum assalam x
Walaykumsalaam,
Yes, copywork is just copying from a book! I don't know much about it really, the Charlotte Mason experts have been educating me.
Post a Comment