Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday

We did some kitchen chemistry this evening, following the work set out in the chemistry workbook we are using. The idea was to record the reactions observed. Of course the baking powder and vinegar featured again! J filmed the experiments, in a style which he seemed to have picked up from the Periodic Table of Videos they've looked at recently.
Today was sunny and warm, alhamdulillah, so we spent the afternoon in the garden, getting the rest of the work done in the morning. The boys and Ia played with a football, then read. U helped me dig out the enormous root of a dead plant.
U is not really feeling too good at the moment as her turn for the chicken pox has come.
With the change of weather I think I'll need to make some adjustments to the way we structure the day, so that we can make the most of any fine weather when it comes, but still get the work covered.
I finished reading another "My Story" historical fiction diary to the boys this morning. This time it was "The Queen's Spies", all about the Babington plot to replace Elizabeth I with Mary Stuart. I'm really feeling like getting reading some more Islamic history, and will need to search out more books.
Ia finished another lapbook today (another one she has been working on for a while), inshAllah I'll post it on Always Learning Resources around the weekend.

No comments: