Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Molecules, paper and a trip

Today the boys made molecule models, using playdoh and matchsticks. This is from the Real Science 4 Kids book that I bought recently. This is CH3OH. I hope we followed the instructions correctly and made it right, as I didn't get the teachers manual.
This is CH4. This was really fun to do, the boys were getting into it!

Ia continues her paper cut outs game.


Then, yesterday we were out and about, meeting new friends and old ones. I should report here that the Natural History Museum is not as overheated as the Science Museum, so it is possible to have a pleasant day out there without the need for headache relief. The most interesting areas for J and R this time were the ecology section and the Vault. (Grown out of dinosaurs already?) I was interested to look at the element display.
We had a great time, jazakAllahkhair to the sisters who met us there with their children.




3 comments:

Homeschooling Muslimah said...

AsSalyamu `Aleykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuh, SubhanAllah we are doing exactly the same with molecular modules. I find them mashaAllah tabarakAllah so fascinating and so easy to make and so easy to explain to my daughter visually what is and where it is.
http://youngscientists-sophie.blogspot.com/

ummrashid said...

Walaykumsalaam,
JazakAllahkhair for that link. I was wondering last night where I could look for pictures of other models!

A Muslimah - Another Stranger said...

Assalamu alaykum ukhti,
it was lovely meeting you and putting a face to the name! Kids had a pleasant day. Sorry we had to rush off, we arrived back home just about on time! Hamdulillah.
Insh'Allah we will see you and your kids soon again
x