Thursday, December 18, 2008

On a bright morning

Sometimes you need a bit of a change, especially during the cold, dark months, when the garden is muddy and the park equipment never gets dry!
Yesterday morning we went out to get J a small prize for having memorised Surah Teen. This may seem like a modest achievement for a boy of his age, but we didn't really start working on memorisation until about a year ago. As far as I'm concerned memorisation of Quran is the work of a lifetime, so the best I can do with the children is establish the habit of constantly being in the process of working on it, inshAllah.
Anyway, when they have achieved a goal I get everyone a small prize, just something cheap from the newsagent. So we went to buy that, then we went on for a morning walk. The sun was low, and the frost was still evident on the long grass, but everyone ran about and got some fresh air, and it was good to have a change, alhamdulillah.



2 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

You are totally right. Memorization is a work of a lifetime. We can't memorise it and than leave it because we will soon forget bit by bit and it's a sin when wememorize it and forget about it later.

I don't push hard on memrotization as well. Only more on AS as he seems to love it so much and really take it in easily.

Umm Raiyaan said...

What lovely pictures, masha'Allah. We do tend to forget how beautiful these cold winter days can be. Although I started R's hifdh from a young age, I completely agree that we must build a routine of memorising which they can carry on with throughout their lives insha'Allah. It is so important that it is a continuous thing. My husband is a hafidh of Qu'ran and masha'Allah and I can tell you that although he finished memorising his Qu'ran decades ago, he reviews the Qu'ran every single day! So, what you have said in this post couldn't be truer!