Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Elmer Lapbook

This week Ia has finished off another project we've been working on for a while. She did this as her English work on Mondays. The main aim of this project was to improve reading and spelling.
We borrowed the book, "Elmer" from the library, and we read it often. I used the extracts found here, to help Ia read by herself. We made use of some of the other discussion ideas from that link too.
The circle book (top left), was for colour vocabulary, so as the cut away slice moves round different colour words are shown.

The folds on the right of the lapbook are also vocabulary based. They all use words found in the book. The green one is for "ordinary" and "different", the centre one is for "rain cloud".


The other two folds at the bottom are collections of happy words and describing words.
The Spot the Difference thing I found by doing an "Elmer" search. It doesn't teach much, but Ia enjoyed colouring it!
I also got her to do some handwriting copywork, using extracts from the story.



No comments: