Over the weekend I was feeling in need of a bit of a kickstart. Everything seemed to be going so slowly. Maybe it is the cold weather, the dire news coming out of the radio.I wasn't expecting much out of today, but, alhamdulillah it was a good learning day.
The boys studied the tafsir of Surah Ash-Sharh. The tafsir is short, but a good reminder about how we should spend time worshipping Allah. We have a lot of spare, easy time, compared to our fellow Muslims elsewhere.
The boys wrote out the meaning of the surah, and I stuck the work on the wall.
Later on we were having some trouble with factor trees. If you ever have such a problem, try this link.All four of them looked through this information about having tonsils out.
Another trip to the newsagents for a small treat was also required today as R has memorised Surah Al-Alaq.
The boys got this and the rest of their work done by three, after which time they had a friend over to play.
Ia is progressing with her Arabic letters studies, although I think the type of worksheets above take more time to colour than they are really worth, alhamdulillah!
She is enjoying using this book, we add one new page per week. Nice and slow! Then practice it every day. She also works through the short vowels fat'ha, kassrah and dhammah every day on Tajweed in English. All this was frustratingly slow at first, I used to restrict her to only the first half of the fat'ha section, but the fruits of the effort have shown through now, alhamdulillah, as she is now comfortable running through practice of the whole lot.
As well as her other daily bits and bobs I have started a new literacy lapbook project with Ia. It is called "All About Me", and the aim is to help her develop independent writing skills, beginning with simple sentences about herself. As I've mentioned before I could just as well do this in an exercise book or journal, but nothing motivates Ia better than a lapbook and she'll be much happier doing the work in this format, even if the actual sentences are the same.
3 comments:
mashaAllah R!
M gets lots of colouring activities in his maths workbooks from school, which take so much more time than the actual maths. I admit one night I coloured them for him as he was getting so fed up with it!! (he knew all the maths, and I know he can colour neatly when needs be). I think it's designed so the teacher has lots of quietly colouring children and allows all abilities to keep up. It's good to encourage neatness and sabr in completing something but I thihnk there are limits!
Hope you're over your cold and have some form of transport too.
Salaam,
R is also working on the lapbook 'All About Me'. I wonder if it is the same one?!
Gonna call you soon insha'Allah on the phone. Is that okay? Send me a private email if it is insha'Allah.
Take care,
Wsm,
Umm Raiyaan x
I am not using any ready made resources for the All About Me lapbook, I'm just making it up myself. But it probably works out at pretty much the same thing!
Post a Comment