Friday, November 21, 2008

Flustered on Friday


Some days are like this, for no identifiable reason they just don't work out as expected. Today felt very end of weekish to me. Maybe the mess in our work room was just too off putting! The children were co-operative, so I can't blame them at all! The boys got through their morning work. I've gone back to doing a bit of French with them again. I bought a text book from Galore Park, to give me a bit of reassuring structure. I would like for them to learn Arabic, but this is not realistic in present circumstances. French we can do, so French it is then.

Ia and U mostly played and drew. Ia got a bit concerned that she hadn't done any work! The boys did four day weeks when they were her age, but she likes to keep up! It really does help, maashAllah, that she has taken up this attitude. Helps me to keep on top of everything, inshAllah.

In the afternoon we went out to visit friends and I'm sure a couple of hours of playing outside did the boys lots of good, alhamdulillah.

Time for a weekend recharge I think.

4 comments:

UmSuhayb b David said...

I downloaded a few of the galore park english to try with S, curious to see what they do in 'prep' schools.
M using Rosetta Stone Arabic and liking it, learning more than he does in the arabic lesons he gets at school i think. have been meaning to blog about these things but no time....

ummrashid said...

I had not heard of Rosetta stone, just checked it out- seems very expensive though! What if they didn't like it!!

UmSuhayb b David said...

there is a chance to try it out for free on the website, but also does your library have it?

ummrashid said...

OK. I'll look into this. Jzk.