Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Senses Lapbook


Ia finished this off today. Once again I used some ready mades, from Enchanted Learning and Primary resources. This started off as a science project, but it became a piece of language work too, when I decided to make pockets of words for each of the senses. Those are the red pockets, inside are yellow cards with sound words (quiet, loud...), taste words (sour, sweet...) and so on.
What looks like plain papers on the left are folded worksheets (printed from Enchanted Learning).

I tried to give the project an Islamic side too, by including ways in which we use our senses aspart of Islam. This was easy for hearing, (azaan, salaam, Quran), and for sight, (reading Quran, Islamic books), but kind of tricky for smell...I only came up with attar! But at least it got us thinking about it!
I could have extended the project further to include thankfulness to Allah for the use of our senses, but I'm planning another project which will include that theme, so I left it out this time.


No comments: