Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Pictures











Subhanallah, how the sunflower seedlings have grown.
I've decided it is about time I started reading chapter story books to Ia. I started with the boys when they were about five. I read to the girls from picture story books, but without the pictures a little more concentration is needed. We sat on the patio to read today. Ia wanted to read a phonic reader herself. She got on well with help from me. Then we read the first chapter of "Ponder and William", another old childhood book of mine. It is so battered I've put it in one of those plastic jackets to stop it falling to bits, inshAllah. The boys loved "Ponder and William", they laughed and laughed when Ponder (a pyjama case panda) fell into a currant cake mixture. I hope Ia likes it too. U listened as well.
Ia did some more phonic work today, using Education City, a workbook, and copying cvc words into a handwriting book. She is happy with all this, as long as I don't ask her to read anything.
For maths work today she counted out 15 cubes, made shapes from them and drew round the shapes. She also used the 100 chart. I removed some numbers from the plastic pockets, and she had to put them back in the right places.
As for the boys, we've just been continuing with works in progress really. I also began the electricity unit for science, just a bit of theory today, making use of some of the resources on Primary Resources (link in side bar).
Right now they've gone for haircuts. Hope they don't come back in need of a recut like last time.




No comments: