Monday, April 07, 2008

Fast Forward

So today we whizzed through our sheduled day's work and finished by 3pm. This is very unusual! Have to say that I did take it rather easy. The maths and English pages we were up to turned out to be of the quick and easy sort, I finished reading the tafsir of Surah Yusuf, and even science was done on the computer and then reading through a few pages of textbook, with discussion. The questions were so pointlessly easy, even the boys can't understand why they are there. I do like the convenience of using a textbook base to organise topics, but I really don't like these wishy washy chapters. I could just skip the lot, but I will at least pay lip service to the vocabulary and smattering of facts. Maybe they'll come in useful when the topic of friction and forces gets addressed more thoroughly one day. I guess I could search for more interesting work on it right now, but I think the boys have been put off by the dreary repetition already. So, delay that for another time.
With this amazing slot of free time between 3 and 4 today I tried out the fold ideas in the lapbook book with Ia and U. I knew they'd like that sort of thing, and would be uncritical of any mess ups on my part. They both have scrapbooks to stick their work into. Even now Ia is happily colouring in more Arabic letters to decorate the scrapbook.

No comments: