And so the days roll on, alhamdulillah.
Today when we read in Ibn Kathir’s “Stories of the Prophets” : “In Surah Al-Anbiya too Allah tells us that He rescued him (Ibrahim (as)) and Lut (as) and they went to a blessed land…” it meant something more to us after our visit to the museum yesterday. Ibrahim (as) had confronted his people and he had confronted the king, and no one could win the argument over him, but still they rejected.
“Have you not considered the one who had an argument with Ibrahim, about his Lord, because Allah had given him kingdom? When Ibrahim said, “My Lord is He who gives life, and causes death,” he replied, “I give life and cause death.” Ibrahim said, “Surely Allah brings the sun from the east, so you bring it from the west.” Thereupon he, who disbelieved was confounded. And Allah guides not the evildoing people.” ( Al- Baqarah 258)
For someone with such pure tawheed as Ibrahim (as) how terrible would be those horrible idols and the people's attachment to their disbelief. Rescue seemed like a good word.
2 comments:
how did you manage to go to 2 museums in London after such a start to the day?you are v strong mashaAllah. I hope the fainting does not happen again inshaAllah, I used to get it as a child,maybe my low blood pressure. The worst bit is if your landing spot is not soft.
This is the downside of freebie museums, being so crowded, I remember the last time we went to the science museum it was packed and stressful, not like the one here eh?! mashaAllah it is as if children really get tawheed, part of their natural fitrah I spose.Mine also find the idea of people worshipping idols v strange, but that we worship Allah who we cant even see v acceptable. It's the adults who sometimes try to make things complicated..
Actually the trip was on the day following the fainting. I blogged two days together, should have more clearly separated what happened which day.
Post a Comment