Monday, November 05, 2007

One of those days


when we all got caught up in something or other. The lid of this "vehicle" lifts up and two boys can squeeze in. Later there was an elaborate game involving the pop up tent and a lot of blankets in the front room, which added to the fact that to make the vehicle the box had to be first emptied out onto the floor, means that that room is now fairly trashed. U was looking for something in the filing cabinet toy drawer, and then decided to get all the puzzles out, so this room is pretty much gone too. On the up side, the above mentioned projects left me free to wash a window upstairs.
Any work? Snippets. Page of maths, comprehension, reading seerah, Quran recitation, French DVD followed by French reading, wordsearch and picture labelling, revising mountain ranges on a map, recording the names of mountain ranges on a Powerpoint slide.
Yesterday evening U organised the other three into lessons. She sat before them and told them to write letters, then numbers and draw pictures. Then they had to draw lines, then a map. She praised them for finishing their "work" too!
So why does it seem that the day has run away?
Maybe because I have to start potty training U - and have made no progress at all.

2 comments:

Umm Abdur Rahim said...

Thank you sister for that insight into a day in your life. I have just started on the home-ed journey and wondered why so far I hadn't come across any chaotic sounding days in the home-school stories I hear (everything sounds like a wonderful dream) that I'm sure everyone has with a growing family. You have given me hope and inspiration. May Allah reward you.

ummrashid said...

Jazakallahkhair sister, I do have plenty of chaos! I don't always document it because I try to focus on the best bits! Maybe others do this too, I'm sure there is plenty of chaos out there!
May Allah give you strength and determination for your home-ed journey. If we approach our duties with the correct niyyah, inshAllah there will be reward for us, so the struggle is always worth it.
Do come back and visit me again!