Today we were learning about the time when Ibrahim (as) was thrown into the fire by his people. "We (Allah) said "Oh fire! Be you coolness and safety for Ibrahim!" (21:69)
Over the weekend we made a second visit to the local museum, because the boys were keen to look again at the bits we had to rush past last time. This time they found drawers of medieval coins and keys, and drawers of fossils.
Today, between our usual work they devised a tv shedule, and "presented", amongst other things, the news. J also decided to make a cardboard robot model and Ia asked to read a couple of phonics books, which I think she has mostly memorised, but its a start, inshAllah.
Sometimes I get surprised by what someone has picked up and remembered. At the weekend I planted some garlic outside. Noone was with me, so I did not think anyone had picked up on what I was doing. However, today I heard R explaining about planting garlic in pots. So you don't always know how or why learning takes place, it just does. SubhanAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment