Something I like about home education is being able to do things when you feel like it, and when you look outside and the weather tells you that today would be a good day to....
visit the local museum. It was our first visit and the boys were impressed. It is basically a local history museum, but there were lots of practical things for the children to do, even things for U to handle. There were activity sheets aimed at just their level, and another Ia could join in with too, and of course we had the child focussed displays to ourselves.
The visit gave good knock on effects for the rest of the day too, as the day's sheduled work was finished more smoothly than usual. Alhamdulillah.
In other thoughts, when travelling on public transport with a two year old beware of unwelcome announcements. "I done a poo in my pants" U said loudly. "No you haven't" I say shusshing her and eying nearby commuters. Well, she hadn't- she was just bored and looking for some reaction, time for another retelling of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.
No comments:
Post a Comment