So, continuing on from the last post. Ia's typical day is very similar to U's but with a few more "work sessions" inserted here and there. Both girls very much drift between structured activities and their own play. Their days are still very fluid because I allow them to make time for their own activities. This is because their play is still very meaningful and needs space to happen. This seems contradictory to the fact that I also use a task list to cover structured activities for Ia, but somehow the two do seem to work together, alhamdulillah.
Today they were playing at "school work"!!!! U wrote several lines of squiggles about her family. Ia wrote out a series of additions for herself, then worked them out. They wrote on paper attached to clipboards. Ia also used a ruler to draw some shapes. They did this in the living room, which they had set up with tables and various other specially designed corners which, to the untrained eye, would appear to be a lot of junk heaped on the floor. MaashAllah.
3 comments:
but that 'junk' is something v crucial to the game and do not dare to move/touch/tidy it!
mashAllah, and M was trying to 'teach' Biryani maths this evening. She had a good guess at the answers (responded with a number at least), but questions such as 10 times 3 are a bit advanced fora 3 year old!
As salaam alaikum, Subhannallah, this is my house! One question though, is it difficult to transition to the structured work from play? I find that difficult.
Walaykumsalaam,
It can be a little difficult sometimes. Often I try to seize a natural "break" in the game, when they've come to the end of a game and are looking for something else. I probably go too easy on them really!
Post a Comment