Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday

Another Monday. All pretty much the usual today alhamdulillah. Not finishing off any projects at the moment and I haven't taken any photos in ages!!!
I am currently reading aloud "Oliver Twist" to the boys, so that is going to take a while! Yes, it is that Victorian social history again. And how about use of entertainment media (remember it was initially serialised) in expressing social or political messages? Victorian social history, always relevant. As I frequently point out.
In science the current theme is ecology, as it seems to have been since before the summer....
I'm using the Galore Park textbook, "So You Really Want to Learn Science book 1" as a backbone text, guiding the topic area, but we have gone off in so many further explorations along the way that after a full year we are only just a third of the way through it, maashAllah! InshAllah we'll be moving onto the second third soon after Eid.
Geography this year is another very slow moving topic, using the Trail Guide at a very gradual pace. We couldn't possibly do all of what she suggests in a week in a week, unless we were hardly doing anything else.
Slow and steady is how we are doing at the moment, alhamdulillah.

No comments: