Although I do make plans before the beginning of a school year, listing topics to cover and textbooks or resources to use, these plans are never fixed. I'm always finding reasons to adjust my plans. Maybe the child has developed and moved on in their learning quicker than I expected, maybe their interests have changed, and anyway, I'm always finding something new!
Due to U's enthusiasm for lapbooks we are now going to have a running lapbook project for both girls to enjoy. it can be on any toipc, whatever they like. U enjoys this work but she just likes to do a little at a time. Ia would gladly do more, but she is kept at U's pace for this session.
So, Ia will also have a topic running at the same time, aimed just at her level (currently it is the "Where I live" geography project). This means Ia may do a little on two projects in a day. This will allow me to introduce topics in science and Islamic studies which would be too much for U at the moment. But this is not what I planned, I thought that U would tag along with bits of Ia's projects, as she did last year, but instead she needs something specific to her as well.
Other things crop up too. A dear friend recently used my Education City tell a friend code when she subscribed for her children. I was surprised to find that this reactivated my son's account, which hadn't been used for several years, alhamdulillah! I had not bothered to subscribe to Education City for the boys as they do not enjoy the style of it too much (the girls like it though), but now we have it for free we may as well make use of bits of it!
Things like this happen constantly. Just because I have made a plan it does not mean that I sit back and stop investigating other options, and neither does it mean that I believe in following that plan to the letter. Change and growth, that's what it's all about!
1 comment:
so true!
Post a Comment