I hardly seem to know where the last couple of days have gone!
It has been busy, but the kind of busy that seems to leave my memory blank!
The boys have done this Islamic studies activity.
Ia has produced a couple of short pieces of writing. She seems to be inhibited by not knowing how to spell everything she wants to write. I'm trying to encourage her not to worry about the spelling right now, but to think about the sentences she wants to write down.
A friend was here today and she commented on U's letters. She noticed that U can form some letters correctly and asked if we've been working on that. (Sigh of relief), it is good to know that the scatty bits and pieces of writing U has been doing are amounting to something noticeable. U is gradually doing a little more regularly, although she is not yet doing both maths and English activities everyday with me. And whatever I do with her is kept short. However, when you consider her computer use, her reading habits, games, crafts and so on she is developing her skills all the time, maashAllah. I think of this year as a crossover year, a transition from the total free play of younger years, to the more organised learning style we use. The transition is for me and for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment