Another busy day, alhamdulillah! It is that time again when the days seem to flash by in a blur.
What did we do?
We had a late start as H's colleague came over for breakfast before they travelled off for some out of town business. The boys were doing some word problems, and then they went onto the Mathletics site they are now subscribed to. This site really is useful, alhamdulillah. Regular readers may recall that my sons are not keen on maths, but they are happily going onto this site everyday, alhamdullilah, which means that the time we spend on maths has increased, without complaint! The site is cleverly designed with a system of earning credits which can be used for buying accessories for your character image. It also allows you to compete in mental arithmetic races with other children online. My sons like this competitive element. The online races are the bit they like best.
As well as maths today they have read Quran, done a reading comprehension, found out about how birds navigate during migration, spent time on BrainPop , and practised their Pashto. They also followed up some internet links from a library book called "How did your locality change in Victorian times?", which led them to the BBC History trails, which offer an interesting interactive approach to a few history topics.
For the girls I hastily downloaded a months of the year lapbook from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/ and they started work on it. They seem happy with the subject matter - right now any lapbook will do! Ia also made an autumn vegetables collage using the textured papers painted at the weekend. I copied the idea from this excellent art lesson blog I've recently come across.
Ia also had a Quran lesson today.
And there was more..... but I think that's enough for one post and the washing up, laundry, ironing, kids to bed routine awaits.
4 comments:
I saw the geeese flying south the other day, it's certainly getting nippy here!
re the other days post on history through buildings, I remember learning abit when my parents were house hunting. We ended up in an Edwardian house, and while renovating found an old photo of maybe the owner in the attic. Maybe it can be an activity for kids to think of the difffernt buildings they've lived in/ friends live in.
and ironing? did I read that right?!
and ironing
Wow, so productive, masha'Allah! I'll try that math website, my daughter resists Math, so it might help.
Salaam,
Jazakallahkhair for your comments.
Umm Omar, that site is international, plenty of US students on there.
Umm Suhayb, yes, ironing! But I quite like ironing, I find it relaxing.
my mum feels as you do about ironing. At the mo doing anything involving electrical equipment is the opposite for me due to the presence of a certain toddler, so we have to put up with slightly wrinkled shirts etc!
Post a Comment