We haven't done lapbooks for a while, except for the one on the Prophet Isa (as) the boys did in Ramadan.
We had a break for the summer, then from Ramadan and until now Ia's work has had a focus on practical Islam and getting her properly started on learning to read Quran. Also last year many of Ia's lapbooks were done in sessions with a friend of hers. For this year those sessions are taking an independent writing approach, to encourage the girls to develop their skills at putting their own words into writing, inshAllah. Ia and her friend associate lapbooking with brief writing of words or phrases, so we are doing this year's work in exercise books for now. There is no reason why lapbooks can't contain paragraphs of writing, but for now they seem happier writing paragraphs in an exercise book!!!
I'm missing lapbooking though! There is something very satisfying about turning out a lapbook! And I'm not the only one feeling this way. Today, out of the blue, U demanded to do a lapbook. She didn't specify a subject, just that a lapbook should be done right away. It was not a good time for me, I was finishing off the morning work, and getting lunch ready as we were having guests this afternoon. Seeing that I was not providing anything U resorted to making her own lapbook. She took some papers and folded them in to a book shape. Then she drew some pictures, cut them out and stuck them into her booklet. The theme? Well, it has to be dinosaurs or fish with U, today it was fish. Specifically sharks.
I really need to get back to lapbooking, inshAllah.
1 comment:
Lol!!! Poor U, I like her fighting spirit, mashaAllah.
Post a Comment