Today I took the girls out on their scooters. We saw some beautiful trees and leaves, maashAllah.
A couple of weeks ago I started making up a weekly task list and fixing it to the wall. I started it just with the boys, so they could see clearly what was to be done every day, and so they wouldn't keep asking me over and over! This has worked really well, alhamdulillah, and I have started using it for Ia too. Also, after a couple of experimental weeks, I have a clearer idea of how to organise Ia's curriculum. The trickiest part has been breaking down the English into the various skills (phonics, reading, handwriting, writing, comprehension) and making sure that a balance is achieved over the week. Next week I'll be trying out a new arrangement. Let's see if it proves satisfactory!
Until then it is time for sports, friends and acting out stories with Dora the Explorer cut outs taped to coloured pencils.
2 comments:
Salaam sis,
Ooh! So what's this new arrangement?! Just started my own, so curious as to what yours is.
Wsm,
Umm R
Salaam,
I'll explain more after testing whether its a success or a flop!
I read your blog, your new timetable sounds great, maashAllah.
Post a Comment