Monday, October 06, 2008

Looking Forward Again

Today was a back to work day for us! I was looking forward to getting stuck back in, but needless to say, things did not go exactly to plan!
Over Ramadan I got fed up of the boys asking me numerous times a day, "What is the work for today?", so this morning I made a weekly task sheet, filled in all the details for today, and stuck it on the wall. It works the same way as my list in a notebook, but is viewable to the kids. Just as with my usual list, we ticked it off as we went through the day. I did struggle a bit with the boy's increased timetable, together with Ia's work, but I should get used to it soon, inshAllah. Having everyone get up earlier would certainly help!!!
We did start a couple of new projects today, more on those as they develop, inshAllah. HE is a constantly changing and developing situation I find. Once again I'm finding myself seeking improvements to our ways of working, increasing our scope, inshAllah.
Ia and U were happy to make use of some of the craft things and activity books they received over Eid, alhamdulillah.
U was back on iboard again today, working on the story of the Three Little Pigs. The activity provides a background for you to set the scene and insert speech bubbles, which you write yourself. U loves to write text. As she types she tells the story aloud to herself, (of course the text she types goes something like this "jygfreumngdtyhkubjk...097;"). then, as she assigns the speech bubbles, she has the characters telling their part of the story. It is funny to watch!
(By the way, when I checked the iboard link this evening I found there is free demo access, so do go visit if you have a child between 3 and 7 years.)

No comments: