Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Other things

What have the boys been up to? This week's English involved writing poems. I'm always worrying that they don't do enough (educational) ICT, so I got them to copy the poems up on the computer. I don't know why I fret over ICT like this. I don't know of anyone else who worries about it. Anyway, this morning they made a spreadsheet, next week they'll start learning about addition on spreadsheets, inshAllah. Tomorrow I'm planning for them to start working on a context setting presentation on the people of Firawn, inshAllah. Ancient history through ICT? (I'm trying to convince myself...)
Also, they've been enjoying the volcano kit they received as a gift. Made the plaster mould yesterday, painted it this morning, then...



erruption around lunchtime! They loved it!




1 comment:

UmSuhayb b David said...

I think I'm spending a lot of time telling kids to get off the computer which is why doing ICT an seem less of a concern, plus DH is on hand for when it gets more technical than doing a word doc!
mashAllah the volcano looked like messy fun, S wants to do one too..