I have been home educating for almost five years now, and it is really daily life to me, but despite that it still remains as a precious thing. I'm constantly aware of the fragility of this way of life. Almost daily in dua I thank Allah that I'm raising my children this way and beg that I should be able to continue. There is no reason known to me now why I should not continue, but major life changing events occur in the lives of people every day. I ask Allah (swt) not to test me with something disrupting our home education. Please, please, please. Very greedy of me, yes.
When my children were babies I would check them while they slept, to check they were breathing. Lots of people do that. Even now I check U before I go to bed. There is no reason why your healthy baby should stop breathing, is there, but he/she seems so small and precious that you fear her loss. I feel like that about HE. I do not take it for granted, and even on the bad days, I couldn't bear to think of giving up. You don't want to give up your toddler even if he has a tantrum all day and sweeps eveything from every surface he can reach.
Everything should be done for the sake of Allah, seeking His pleasure. This has to be the primary intention behind a deed, and it is my starting point with my children as well. But, in the same way that we should learn to love performing our prayers and our fasts for our Creator I have come to love the effort of providing an Islamic education for my children. The process has increased my awareness of Islam. I hope it can be accepted from me by Allah.
I have written this for UmmSuhayb. The right to home educate in the UK should not be under rated. And whatever we have now, we may or may not have in future.
I am horrified that other people should say "no". But they say no everywhere. They say "no" to all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. They say no , no ,no all over the place all the time. And he on the receiving end has his hopes dashed.
Being on the "yes you can", is like walking the tightrope.
2 comments:
Salam,
I can understand. IT is frustrating. And I have to say, that's is the one and only reason I stay back here in UK. For me although sending them to school or homeschool them, I still have the option I can take.
In my country, school for me is the worst case scenario. First, it's all exam, exam, exam and result. Best student and best school. Children that were behind will stay behind. I can say, in Malaysia almost 90% children that in the city, will also attend private tuition because their parents think they need it. School did not teach enough. If parents don't send them, their children will be behind.
If I send my children to madrasah there, it will be no acedemic curriculum at all. Tahfiz mean tahfiz. Some do but still only basic. Not like here where your children can be educate in both tahfiz quran and acedamic curriculum as well.
Also, in Malaysia, primary school is compulsory. If you don't send them to any kind of institution, parents can be charge and been put into jail. There's no term of homeschool in Malaysia. Lots of people from Malaysia that says they homeschool is because their children is under 7 where they teach them all academic stuff to their children at home before the formal school age to ensure their children become cleaver when they start school.
When I was homeschool before, the law was not there yet. And I was homeschool during secondary. When I want to register for exam, I had to join the student who actually repeat their exam. I am the one and only candidate from the whole Malaysia that take exam for the first time without going to school.
All this reason had actually made me stay in UK far from everything that I miss. As a parents we try our best to sacrifice what we can for our children. Of course the important things that we think is their aqidah or their faith.
We do always worry about them all the time. But as I go along, I'm always remind my self and my children that we are in tis world temporarily. For us, mum, children and husband of course a precious things. But, they only been borrow to us. They not exactly ours. If Allah want to take them, it's up to Him when. This is the hardest things I find hard to think at first. But, my husband always put this perspective to me which I think it's scared me. At the end, that's real life. The real life is hereafter. Since I homeschool, I'm also put a stress upon this issue to my children. Although we do talk about this time to time before, but now as I got time we talk about this more. The talk had ease me a lots. We come to the term if anything happen, because that's the reality had come. Death is not the end of life. Death is the start of the real life.
Insya Allah, think about what ever happen we got the most power with us, Allah. The most precious things we been given is du'a.
Everything that Allah has stated for us will not been move unless with du'a. Test insya Allah will make us strong. When this come, than go back to our creator. Don't ask why. But, ask for help and guide. Ask him do not test us with something that we couldn't bear of. Insya Allah He always there to help.
Make du'a..with the good intention ummusyuhaib have, I believe Allah won't let her down.
You never know what can happen in the UK but I expect they'd have quite a fight on their hands, safety in numbers etc but there can always be other things that can happen. I remember you telling me how things are always going to be changing (in a way we would like or r otherwise) when I was v upset about not being able to return to the UK after the first year here.
I am conscious of trying to make my niyah pure, as this Swedish inflexibility does bring out the rebel in me. We have overcome the authorities here in a number of other things, and this seems to be the most challenging yet. However I didnt even think I'd ever attempt this without your encouragement as well as other gradual influences from other sources and then suddenly finding a qualified Muslim teacher, It was as if Allah was saying , now ther is no excuse but to try...
Post a Comment