Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...where was I again...?

Hayfever a bit better today, I took a remedy and the weather was a bit cloudier, alhamdulillah. Tomorrow, inshAllah, I'll try the honey too. I just have to remember to take it in the morning!
The HE is still disorganised, so again I just did the basics with the boys. In terms of education this does them no harm, but if I don't keep them busy after a couple of days they tend to end up grumpy and having an argument. This is why I don't think the autonomous way works for them. They need the structure to keep them fair tempered. So, back to something more tomorrow, although I'll have to look in my notes to see what that something is. It is almost like I went away for months, not a week!
Ia had a friend over today and they continued working on lapbooks on five of the names of Allah. They also played lots and did a little subtraction work. U wanted to do a lapbook too, for a few seconds, then she wanted to recite surahs, maashAllah.
By the end of the day we'd been to the park for a couple of hours, Ia had helped me plant out some nastursiams (super quickly for minimum pollen exposure), I had baked bread, (having FORGOTTEN to do it the day before) and argued the children into helping me clean up a bit. I almost feel like cancelling everything else for a day and just getting them to help me catch up on household things, but this plan is not likely to work out in reality. In an effort to get ahead tomorrow morning I have loaded the washing machine ready to run. But will I remember to switch it on?

No comments: