Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It is all coming back...

I took the honey and the other remedy this morning and, by the will of Allah, feeling much better now. Finally getting back into HE life, remembering to do the essential chores and so on. Still the boys got away with the basics today, as I realised that I need to do some photocopying before I can start on forthcoming projects. I want to start when properly ready, a messy start could lead to a messy project.
Talking of "messy", I mentioned to the boys today that one day in future they may want to take exams, in which case their handwriting will need to be reasonably legible. I pointed out that even if a person knows all the answers they will get no marks if those answers can't be read. This assumes they will still be handwriting exams when the time comes. Or will it all be computerised by then? Well, I won't mention that as better handwriting does no harm and if anything their keyboard skills need even more work! They type so slowly, and it is hard to encourage them to do more. I think they can express themselves more quickly by hand and find that the typing interferes with their creative thoughts.
Our extra activity today was setting up the Triops kit, a gift they received some time ago. The eggs will go in tomorrow. InshAllah they will hatch. I'm always nervous over these things. The children are so excited that I really want it to work. They were given a kit each, but we are starting with one, just in case of mistakes!

No comments: