Monday, June 09, 2008

Hayfever time

A warm and sunny June day means time for hayfever. It drains me out, like having a heavy cold. I even fell asleep on the floor, while the girls read books next to me. That is really not like me! The ants are coming in through a tiny crack in the patio door frame. They only come at night, so in the day I forget to get the sealant stuff down from the loft. I was far too dizzy and blurry today to get anything more than English, maths, Quran and reading done with the boys. Just the basics.
Ia received a colouring book from her auntie last week, she decided to make up stories about the pictures on the pages. She told me the sentences she wanted to write and I wrote them down. I didn't think she would have the patience to copy it all out, as she had made long sentences, but, maashAllah she wrote out the whole thing in slow, careful handwriting, because she wanted to do it. Overall Ia was very helpful today, alhamdulillah, including in the garden. Hayfever and gardening really do not go together, but before the sneezing struck on Sunday we had been to the garden centre for some gap fillers, now I've got to get them in the ground.

3 comments:

Sofinee Harun said...

Salam ummrashid,

I used to have a bad hay fever and it's from the family and by generation. My mum got one that worser than me. I used to be prescribe a medication for hay fever for 2 months and have to take it every day . From that, I catch a bad asma as well. Alhamdulillah after went to Makkah and have some camel heart, it's seems give a big effect. Everyday now, I prescribe my self a honey with warm water. It need to be made in glass and need to mix using plastic spoon not metal one. Do it as soon as you wake up with empty stomach. It's good after you done fajr prayer. Try to take breakfast at least 45 mins after that. The longer the gap, the better.

ALhamdulillah, honey is one of the best cure from the Prophet. The best honey we found is from Aldi and it's the forest honey. We make some experiment and find it very much pure one.

Insya Allah as the best cure is honey and quran..if you istiqamah and do it daily, you should feel much different.

ummrashid said...

JazakAllahkhair for your advice.

Oum Anas said...

Assalamu aleikum

Miskeenah, me and DS#1 are on the same boat... This morning I must have sneezed about a hundred times! And now I'm barely feeling anything... goes up & down.

I've heard black seed oil every day is supposed to enhance the body's own immune system, but you have to start a few months early, if you want to avoid getting unwell during the peak of pollen season.