Monday, September 10, 2007

Preparations

I suppose there are two ways to get ready for Ramadan, the personal preparations, and the home ed ones. But the two overlap, and insh Allah we all learn more. Last week I was reading "Fasting in Ramadan" by Dr Abdul Karim Awad. This was good revision for me and helped me organise my HE Ramadan plans. I have plans, but won't be sharing them in advance in case of falling short! Instead I will record whatever materialises out of them as I go along, inshAllah.
Today I started making use of that very useful looking TJRamadan site. We read the introduction to the book mentioned above, then looked at the lunar cycle links on TJRamadan.
I thought that this year we will make paper plate decorations, highlighting quotes from Quran and hadith about Ramadan. Why paper plates? Because we usually have food on plates, but we are fasting, so we have knowledge about fasting instead.
Today we studied "So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan) he must observe Saum (fasts) that month...." 2:185

So those are the plates, as I mentioned before we are not artists, but we have fun!

3 comments:

UmSuhayb b David said...

M will love doing those, he loves making things with paper plates for some reason!? I dont feel properly prepared for Ramadhan, its popped up so quickly mashaAllah. Keep posting the activities!

'EF' said...

May I ask what the pink flowers are in the pic you have posted? I have some of them growing nearby and I have wanted to know what they are for a very long time.

:)

ummrashid said...

Re, the pink flowers, I have no idea, we just moved in and there they were. I'm a total novice gardener.