Looking back I think I was unwell in the last few days, hence my attack of laziness. But back to work now!
We are getting through the glitter supplies on the Ramadan plates. The boys are rearranging the plates on the wall, planning how to get the best effect, planning where the next one will go.
Today’s quote was
“The suhoor is a meal of blessings, so do not leave it, even if one of you just takes a gulp of water, since Allah sends mercy and His angels seek forgiveness for those who take Suhoor.” (Ahmad)
The boys are fasting again today, and talking about the suhoor reminded me that on the Jewish Day of Atonement I think that the fast lasts from one sunset to another, so if we feel hungry we should think that Allah has been merciful to us in giving us the suhoor, and shortening our fast. It could have been made so much harder for us. Alhamdulillah.
For science we’ve been making use of materials from primaryresources.co.uk. Now that the printer is back working again (we found the paper feed had been jammed by a battery, keychain and a small bit of yellow plastic) I’ve been printing out some worksheets, and a very loud time was had as they filled in their skeleton measurements.
Ia has done some practical maths, adding and subtracting from collections of apples and oranges, and also jumping onto numbers less or more than. I think she needs more oral maths vocab work.
In our reading about Salah Ed Deen we have reached his early campaigns in which he accompanied his uncle, who went on to take power in Egypt. Later in the day the R found that he could replay this campaign on one of his computer games!
1 comment:
:) Thanks for the links :) And for the descriptions of how Ramadan is going for you, most helpful.
Post a Comment