Today I took the girls to an art workshop. The theme was clay sculptures. The artist leading the session had made a bird as an example, as well as a couple of pots. I explained that we Muslims do not make sculptures of birds and animals and so we had a go at other things instead.We were using air drying clay and then natural things such as seeds, twigs, leaves and dried flower things. Easy to copy at home! Lovely and autumnal too.
In the photo above there is a tree stump, a nest a hazelnut and a cupcake!
Below are two pots, a tree stump and a nest. U enjoyed this session, maashAllah, this was the first art session she was enthusiastic about throughout!

3 comments:
As salaam alaikum,
I like how they used all natural materials on this project, maashaa Allah.
Was this workshop offered by a state agency or privately funded?
Reminds me of when R did pottery last year. She loved it so much. Maybe you could fins some pottery classes for the girls. Maybe even for the boys too. At the HE pottery class that R went to there were quite a few teenage HE boys!
Walaykumsalaam,
I think it is in association with the local council, but not directly run by them.
The problem with regular classes in anything is that the cost quickly becomes prohibative. That's why I focus paid for activities on sports, as priorities have to be made somewhere.
Post a Comment