As the children grow and change so I keep needing to adapt and change what we do. Also, a bit of a change and variety does us good.
This year I really want to do Quran for about half an hour in the morning and resist the temptation to do read aloud first after that. This would work better really, but it is hard to discipline oneself into not doing the easier option! But more productive is better than easier, plus it makes for a less stressful rest of day!
For the Quran half hour the boys don't just recite. They recite, review the surahs they know, read through duas with the intention of learning them and from this morning I'd liketo get them working on AyatulKursi. They don't find memorisation easy, so the effort is important.
I found this excellent tool for helping to learn Ayatulkursi.
In her half hour Ia can review her Quran reading lesson, review the words for salaah, read duas and review the last ten surahs in Juz 30, using the computer programme. U can listen along and do a little work on recognising the Arabic letters, inshAllah.
Today we got this done in the morning, first thing and it was better that way, alhamdulillah.
Nothing we do is ever fixed permanently in one style, method or time. Change keeps things fresh and is necessary to meet our changing needs.
2 comments:
Salaam,
We've been using this method ever since R was about 3 years old. Quran always comes first before anything else. My hope is that this habit will continue into adulthood that Quran should always come first before anything else. Now its an easy habit. I think you made a really good decision masahAllah.
Salaam,
I prefer it this way, although they are less alert first thing.
Post a Comment