Ia is learning about food groups at the moment. The way I'm organising things this year means that she does a science topic session a couple of times a week. She is using a CGP topic workbook on Teeth and Eating. She actually really enjoys this workbook. The questions are kept pretty easy, there is not too much on any one page, yet the core facts for the topic are in place. The workbook functions as the base for the topic, but by itself it is too brief to allow for much retention or absorbtion of information.
I'm not too good at detailed planning ahead. I find that the pressure of "need it now" helps me come up with ideas. No pressure,and I could sit for ages unproductively mulling over possible activities to do. So, as we go along with this topic I think of what to add in.
Yesterday Ia used a couple of websites to help her learn about food groups:
BBC bitesize
and Crick Web's Healthy Eating activity.
Now she is old enough to read the text and any instructions herself it is a big help, maashAllah. I just have to find the pages, add them to the favourites links, then she can follow them up herself.
I think that food groups might make a good lapbook topic, nice andvisual.... maybe that will be our next diversion, inshAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment