Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Off shedule

We are "off shedule" at the moment, apart from Ia's Quran lessons. Yesterday was sunny and pleasant so we all spent lots of time in the garden maashAllah. The cold winter has killed off a few plants, so I dug some of them up and replaced them with some cuttings given by H's friend. I suspect a couple of other plants have died too, including one cistus bush which has previously been the star of the summer garden with its continuous supply of purple flowers. I'm just giving it a little longer to be sure, as there is a little green on some of it. I don't know much about plants really, it is all a bit hit and miss! This morning there is light rain, so maybe I won't be continuing the garden work today.
The boys have been playing on Roblox, playing outside and visiting their friend. The girls have also been out visiting, playing with soft toys and reading.


2 comments:

Naimah said...

Assalamu 'alaykum,

Masha'Allaah sis, you have a lovely garden, I love plants but without the care labels I wouldn't have a clue! Lol

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum,

I don't know much about plants either and it is quite embarrassing as I was a biology major. In my own defense, my concentration was microbiology.

Anyway, I hope to learn more about plants at the botanical garden and giving it a try myself.