
This is what I'm reading to the girls in the evenings at the moment. Under the flash glare the author's name is Alexander McCall Smith. The girls both enjoy watching their Big Cat Week DVD, and to help them imagine the scene in this book I just asked them to think about the landscape in Big Cat Week. This helps them feel closer to the story. Although this book (about a park ranger trying to trap a lion which has taken to eating cattle, then adopting a lion cub) is very good for a 7 year old, it is less so for a 5 year old, but U is enjoying it anyway. There are others in the series, "Akimbo and the Elephants" and "Akimbo and the Crocodile", which I hope to read to them later, inshAllah.

The girls have done some drawing again today. Here U was copying a castle picture. Later the page became very full of action!
2 comments:
Left a message but it doesn't seem to have appeared. Was wondering whether this book would be suitable for R as she is sooo into lions at the moment.
You left that message on the post before the one with the book. I answered you there too! Give the book a try, some vocab may need explaining, but she'll like the story probably!
Post a Comment