Well, there is just so much to think about, isn't there?
We completed our first tentative week back into routine. Friday didn't count, as the boys had a sports activity day, so I just let the girls play and use some educational websites.
It has been OK, but I'm not really satisfied. I need to tidy up my thoughts and make a plan that will actually work, inshAllah. There are just so many things to consider!!! It is like being faced with a very messy house, you hardly know where to start! So many ideas crowding their way to grab my attention.
Mentioning the house - H was given another couple of second hand pieces of furniture, so I've been sanding and varnishing and moving things around to accomodate these new items. A couple of our old things got given away in the process, but no waste as they went to homes where they were wanted! Alhamdulillah, I'm grateful for this risq, but I'd prefer the rest of Ramadan to be a little less taken up with house stuff, inshAllah.
Today I've been focussing on plans for Islamic studies, for all the children. The boys do not like to feel that they are repeating things they "know", however the question is do they really KNOW it, or do they just remember having come across topics before. Especially with Islamic knowledge it is essential to review and make sure that whatever is learnt is acted upon, not just filed in a distant memory. So, I need to look at presentation styles.
And, what do you think about this? It seems to me that it is quite difficult to get Islamic materials aimed at intermediate level. There is lots for the younger learner, and older teens should be able to study from adult materials, but how about those in between?
Any recommendations please?
No comments:
Post a Comment