Ramadan is here again, alhamdulillah, and with it comes the time for us to ease back into routines. For me it is a good time to start working again. Ramadan brings with it a sort of calm that helps me to reconnect and try to remember where I was up to with everything??? I made a lot of lists way back at the beginning of summer, so I'm returning to those now, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue!
It is a good time for the kids to start back to routines too, as having organisation to the day helps pass the time usefully. The time in Ramadan is precious, and without some forward thinking it would be all too easy to fritter it away. Establishing a general air of "study" (although I don't like phrasing it like that) encourages them to focus on Quran and doing some Islamic learning in this month.
A Ramadan lapbook would seem the obvious project to work on with the girls, and there are some excellent examples around the net, but I think I'll delay this until next year, inshAllah, when it would be more beneficial to U.
The thing with the girls is that they do everything together, and I do hope to be able to home ed them as a pair, much as I do with the boys, inshAllah. Of course Ia is two years older, so they will be doing different types of maths and English, but if I make other projects mostly topic based I can bring them together despite their different levels. I've been doing this for a while to a certain extent with lapbooks, and I intend to increase this as U gets older, inshAllah. My children seem to enjoy things more when they do things together, maashAllah.
So, for this Ramadan for the girls I've decided to focus more on practical learning, about wudu, salaah, and on Quran. I also have a set of colouring sheets with a Ramadan theme which I could get them to form into a notebook. Reading aloud will also be a feature, inshAllah, as we have quite a number of children's Islamic story books.
I'm not going to do specific Ramadan work with the boys either, apart from finishing reading the book we have on Ramadan. Instead they will be doing other Islamic studies and spending a little more time than usual on Quran, inshAllah. In past years they have done workbooks on Ramadan, and I think we've exhausted what there is on offer there. The best way for them to study Ramadan now is to revise the fiqh and then to LIVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment