So, here is the new old table. Note the orangeness. Note location of kitchen doorway on left. The bulky shape underneath indicates that this table can get even bigger, should a mansion be provided for its residence.
This picture really does not do justice to the number of circular white stains on this table top.
If you attempt to saw these legs will they scratch? Well, the wheels certainly leave a black trail behind them when moved, so I have resourcefully place milk container tops underneath, so that they can slide stainlessly. You see, I am not a person to be needlessly hampered by a sense of style.
(Alhamdulillah, I'm just playing around here, of course. I am not ungrateful. This table cost us nothing, and will do the job required of it, inshAllah.)
3 comments:
Salams,
I love the table!!! When you said it was orange I envisioned something plastic from 60's. I love the fact it's huge, you'll have extra space for project/art work inshaAllah. Don't worry that its oversized, its all in the name of HE, lol! I love the suggestion of personalizing it with decoupage etc, or maybe you could stencil over the top of white circles?
Walaykumsalaam,
I expect there will be some organic personalisation in due course.
(Otherwise known as wear and tear.)
Not sure DH would be impressed with anything more deliberate!
it's just how I imagined! I suppose a tablecloth would cover it when required (or maybe 2 tablecoths!) Anyhow it's not as worn out as our kitchen table, and I've given up buying new tablecloths for that as they get clipped/ drawn on / holes made in withing a week or so. I just use a cloth tablecloth if we have guests!
I would never want to have immaculate furniture with children around, it'd be too stresful. That's why I'm hesitating getting new sofa covers..
Post a Comment