Ramadan means late morning starts for us. Alhamdulillah I'm glad I don't need to get up early to rush out somewhere during this month. We can fix our timetable to suit our need to get up early for suhoor and stay up late for prayers. Usually I don't like getting up late though, so after Ramadan it will be all change in the going to bed and getting up times, inshAllah!
Meanwhile I'm doing some more alphabet work with U. I keep changing the activity with her, to try to make up for the tedious subject matter of learning the alphabet! At the moment she is recycling a very well used toddler picture book, looking for pictures of things that begin with a given letter, cutting them out and sticking them on a page. I'm not working through the alphabet in order, as that is so dull! She can recite the alphabet in order anyway, so the current task in hand is to get her to recognise the letter forms and associate them with the sounds they make.
1 comment:
As salaamu 'alaikum Sister. This is an excellent idea for recycling worn books. Since there are many little ones around here, we have many worn books.
Take care,
wa salaam,
Nakia
Post a Comment