Friday, June 19, 2009

Spotting the signs of home education

At times like these who knows what could be classified as irregular behaviour, the tell tale signs of home education, the signal that something subversive must be going on.
Could it be that the family that appears to be trying to check out a million library books all at one time (when most children in the library appear to be checking out one or two); and are trying to squeeze those books into a couple of bags which are already half full of pine cones, (causing some to spill temporarily onto the floor), are standing out a bit too much?

3 comments:

Naimah said...

Assalamu 'alaykum sis, hope u and ur family are well, and in good eemaan, ameen.

I could't help giggle when reading this, I relate to it so much, we try to make an effort to go to the library each Friday, and all the library cards get filled up! lol, I get as many as I can under the pram, then the rest in bags which do kinda weigh the pram just a bit :)
We love our library visits.

Unknown said...

As salaamu 'alaikum,

you have pine cones in your bags too?

LOL,
Take care,
wa salaam,
Nakia

Umm Adam said...

Assalaamu alaikum sis

Lol, this did make me laugh and please add us to the list of avid library users.... I have even managed to gather an audience when reading to my children in the library lol.... it's quite unnerving to look up from a book and see kids sitting there that don't belong to you lol..