With the boys out for the day with H, the girls and I set out to the library with the usual shoulder wrenching bag full of books. I had a reserved book to collect and the girls went through the picture book boxes while I found a few books for the boys.On the way U had complained that her shoes were hurting, so I took her to a shoe shop, found that she now needed the next size and got her replacements.
Next we went looking for lined paper, squared paper and graph paper. I also got activity magazines for the girls.
On the way home we called in at the park playground and the local museum before getting home for a quick meal followed by activity magazine collage. U got the Cbeebies Art magazine, and it is just right for her age.
I'm not really sure about magazines in general. Personally I don't like them, as they are too bitty and superficial in their approach to subjects. If I'm interested in something I want to know about it properly. If children need "topic tasters" to find out whether they are interested in something they can just get out a library book to dip into and for "news" there is the www. Maybe it is just me, but I don't understand what people really like about magazines!
No comments:
Post a Comment