Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday

After a weekend full of friends coming over, today seemed quiet.
The girls were ready to play, play, play, but by afternoon Ia was ready for a few daily tasks. Today she worked on an accordian mini-book. It is part of the bears and pandas project she's now nearly completed. When I initially got the materials for the project they seemed like they could be a little difficult for Ia, in terms of the language element, but alhamdulillah she's progressed, so now the work seems a little easy! The aim of the project was mainly to work on language skills, rather than learning all the bear information. Language through information, rather than information through language.
I've gone on to the Year 2 materials for Ia's maths, as she has used up everything for Year 1, maashAllah. She will now be using the curriculum that has lessons for every school day of the year, inshAllah, and as I know that we always get behind I thought I'd cover a few lessons now, before having a break.
Not that I'm quite sure when that break will occur as yet. I don't see the point in dropping everything if there is nothing else planned for any particular day. If we haven't other plans, and if the children themselves haven't thought of anything else they'd much rather be doing I see no harm in continuing with a certain amount of routine. But, inshAllah, there will be lots of different things to keep us occupied,and I don't intend to return to the full, regular timetable until after Ramadan, inshAllah.
Oh yes, we did set up the third triop kit yesterday. Unfortunately I'd lost the instructions for that particular set, so I made do with a combination of the instructions for the other set and something I found online. They are the same creatures of course, but the eggs came in a different format. InshAllah something will come alive in there. We are experiencing very warm weather for this partof the world, so the temperature conditions couldn't get much better.
Wait and see.

No comments: