We are still in wind down mode, subhanAllah!
The boys finished off a workbook project on animal classification today, did their daily Quran, used BBC French and listened to me read. Currently we are reading another of the My Story history stories, and a book on Tawheed.
The girls did bits of work on the computer, and Ia continued with a phonics workbook I want her to finish off before the summer, inshAllah. She also did a little more on her bears and pandas project. For her reading we are currently working our way through some DK readers. Alhamdulillah we have quite a lot of reading material for her current level, so she just chooses a book to read aloud to me each day.
So, having assessed the boys in maths I've decided to skip the rest of the book that we've been using for this year. The rest of the pages were either more monotonous practice of things they are already proficient in, or new visual topics, which the book did not present clearly, in my opinion. Visual maths is the hardest type for the boys to grasp, so they really need animated illustrations, such as you can get online. I thought it pointless to persue those topics in the book, as a book cannot adequately illustrate translation or rotation of shapes. This type of visual maths is difficult for me too, so I really feel an online flash presentation makes the best job of it!!!
Alhamdulillah the internet is so useful for home educating.
Anyway, I've ordered a different book for next year's work, inshAllah.
Finally, it seems that the triops have died. One, smaller, kit remains. Should we try it again this year, or wait until next?
No comments:
Post a Comment