Monday, July 23, 2007

Refresh

Time to change the template again, just fed up of the other one.
At the end of last week we were confined to the bedroom all day for two days while the plumbers pulled up the floorboards downstairs, fitting the new heating system. We were all getting fed up, kids were bored by everything, I was getting a headache. Eating chicken and chips due to the kitchen being so disrupted did not do much for our sense of well being either.
Even when the job was done the kids kept on with the fed up feeling, “we’ve no friends here” etc. I think they just need diversion, and friends nearby of course, but at least being busy would keep their mind off it a bit. So yesterday we all went out to a kids fun park place, not for long but enough to revive them, so that when we got home they were back into imaginary play again. Just being cooped up dulls it all right out of them. Got some plans for this week, see how it works out insh’Allah, with the weather as well.
The girls are not taking it as badly. Ia can be kept happy for hour (really hours) with coloured papers, glue sticks and scissors. U sits with her and tries.
Anyway, new boiler, but now no airing cupboard, so where can I leave the bread to rise? Yesterday’s loaves are bumpy on top, not the usual smooth, air bubble filled ones I am used to. The texture gets too dense too. I put them on a shelf above the fridge, which is good for ripening fruit, but the heat given off is not consistent I think. Have to think about this.

4 comments:

UmSuhayb b David said...

asak, hearing the 'I'm bored' a lot nowadays since their dada suspended useof Tv and commute (well severely limited it while he's home!), and visiting friends seems to be one way of allaying the tedium of life indoors. Feel for the boys, I had to moveaway when I was 12 and did miss friends, but inshaAllah you'll find opportunities to meet some soon, it's not been so long since you've moved..
re bread can you remember I suggested sticking oven on low and putting it on top of there?

UmSuhayb b David said...

osh I should check b4 I publish, its this new keyboard (bad worker blaming tools!!)
its supposed to be 'dad suspended computer'

UmSuhayb b David said...

Gosh, subhanAllah (its late)

ummrashid said...

Jzk, I forgot that suggestion!