Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sunshine and exercise

Been getting out and about in our new location, covering plenty of miles on foot. Yesterday I took the boys to a cricket coaching session. Bit of an odd experience really. The coaching team consists of a man (coach), his partner, (collecting subs) and partner’s son. On first sight they seem like an unlikely sports family, but they seem very dedicated and friendly. At first we were the only ones there and I thought we might be asked to go home, but apparently they’ll play whatever and soon a couple of other youngsters turned up, they said there are usually more, we will see! Of course I stayed nearby, what else could I do, it is so far from home. The boys loved it.
Something different about this place is the spaciousness of the park areas. It feels very luxurious, people on the other side of the parks are like tiny dots. Today the girls and I climbed up a hill in another park, up to some woods, from where we tried to see what far away things we could spot. At first U was reluctant to go as she was afraid of monkeys in the trees, especially their tails. I realised this was because of another tree we had seen earlier, which was one of those with branches like the tails of monkeys, I forget the name. She must have thought I meant real monkeys and all trees.
Boys spent today in a sports centre, playing various sports with one other kid and two staff. Why is nobody else turning up for things? Still the boys enjoyed themselves again. I took the girls to a fun day organised by some local sisters. Ia had been building this outing up since hearing about it until she was saying that she would be going to “fun world”. Alhamdulillah it lived up to her expectations, she made a paper plate duck, a lantern, a card and decorated a cup cake. She also saw a friend who had come for the day. Really fun world.
The boys are planning to do a project on castles. They chose books from the library. Ia wanted to do a project, she chose a book called…can you guess?....”I can cut out and stick”. That’s an ongoing project, currently fuelled by a purchase of pink and purple craft bits.
Where have all the photos gone? They are stuck in the camera and I can’t get them out.

No comments: