U's essential selection
1/05/07
I’m now into my second week of feeling ill, alhamdulillah. Last week it was earache and a sore throat, now it is a draining cold. I decided not to try to get Ia to nursery today as I didn’t feel up to it. I called the nursery and the sister there was making me feel guilty, saying that next week would be a short week anyway with the bank holiday, basically I was causing my child to miss out. And she did feel that she had missed out too. Even the boys were fed up by the end of the day as I was too exhausted to do anything with them. H took them out to the park for cricket practice.
We did spend some pleasant time in the garden reading, until the girls got grumpy with that too.
U loves to scribble in old (already used by someone else) workbooks. A few evenings ago she was scribbling away when she closed the book and said loudly in her just talking, two year old voice “I finished my lesson!”
04/05/07
Since then….I felt better, alhamdulillah and we started our study of rocks, with the recently arrived rock set. Everyone enjoyed handling the rocks, then the boys chose to study obsidian in more detail. So we looked it up in the rock book and they noted some points down.
In the afternoon we took Ia to nursery (where she made another yoghurt pot shaker, and learnt more about minibeasts). The rest of us browsed the bookshop and went to the park.
Ia wants to touch the leaves on the trees in the park. U likes touching them too but she still seems scared! Ia brought a leaf home and left it on the floor in the corridor, U refused to walk past it and shouted “leaf, leaf”
Yesterday Ia asked me whether Roo (Winnie the Pooh) used to have a dad but he died!!!
I’m now into my second week of feeling ill, alhamdulillah. Last week it was earache and a sore throat, now it is a draining cold. I decided not to try to get Ia to nursery today as I didn’t feel up to it. I called the nursery and the sister there was making me feel guilty, saying that next week would be a short week anyway with the bank holiday, basically I was causing my child to miss out. And she did feel that she had missed out too. Even the boys were fed up by the end of the day as I was too exhausted to do anything with them. H took them out to the park for cricket practice.
We did spend some pleasant time in the garden reading, until the girls got grumpy with that too.
U loves to scribble in old (already used by someone else) workbooks. A few evenings ago she was scribbling away when she closed the book and said loudly in her just talking, two year old voice “I finished my lesson!”
04/05/07
Since then….I felt better, alhamdulillah and we started our study of rocks, with the recently arrived rock set. Everyone enjoyed handling the rocks, then the boys chose to study obsidian in more detail. So we looked it up in the rock book and they noted some points down.
In the afternoon we took Ia to nursery (where she made another yoghurt pot shaker, and learnt more about minibeasts). The rest of us browsed the bookshop and went to the park.
Ia wants to touch the leaves on the trees in the park. U likes touching them too but she still seems scared! Ia brought a leaf home and left it on the floor in the corridor, U refused to walk past it and shouted “leaf, leaf”
Yesterday Ia asked me whether Roo (Winnie the Pooh) used to have a dad but he died!!!
Photos are here, but not in the right place.
1 comment:
Asak, hope you're feeling better. when I ring to say kids aren't coming to nursery etc I feel they breathe a sigh of relief, one less child to handle!! But then theyre not muslim teachers!
The photos uploading thing is still something I'm getting my head round, the labels and order never seem to come out the way I expect. As everything I suppose it takes a bit of time spent fiddling about and once you know it's easy (inshaAllah!)
Post a Comment